People turn to the internet when looking for new homes in today’s real estate world. A few years ago, you looked them up online on a desktop, got a map, and drove out to see a potential residence. Today, you grab a smartphone and go, because anything after that, you can look up on your phone. With the gigantic shift to mobile internet, real estate agents need to stay in the game by increasing their web presence.
As an agent, the way you conduct your business in real estate will ultimately define you to your clients and the community at large. It’s being regarded as a valuable resource in the community and to your client base.
Getting overlooked by clients is easy in the real estate market these days because there are so many agents competing for a piece of the market. In order to stand out, you need to find a way to market yourself effectively.
If your marketing plan includes sending out a mass email, placing newspaper and magazine ads you may want to think again.
Marketing and Advertising Has Changed
The days of effective outbound marketing are fading fast. Today, you’ll need to turn your focus to inbound marketing and create an online presence with your website, social media, and content marketing so you can naturally attract your target market to you.
Here are 10 reasons to have your own website to brand yourself
- Brand Yourself – Set yourself apart from the competition, you do not want to be just another pretty face on a standard corporate site. By having your own site you are creating your online brand, as your website is a direct reflection of your authority, goals, and services. Homebuyers and sellers want to work with someone they can trust.
- Became a Client Resource – The first step is to create your website, where your current, and prospective, clients can go, to learn more about you and the services you offer. However, most agents make the mistake of doing only that and no more; in today’s competitive marketplace, you need to go beyond displaying your services. You need to use your website, blog, and social media to become a valuable resource with pertinent, helpful information.
- Stay Current – As realtors, we need to understand the power of the internet in generating the sales we need. The internet makes it easier for potential clients to find you and your properties. Having an internet presence will allow all current and potential clients to get in touch with you and the information you have at anytime and anywhere.
- Become the Local “Go-To” Agent – Having your own website also gives you an awesome advantage when it comes to targeting specific geographic areas. If there is a certain area of town that you are trying to focus on, you can easily integrate targeted keywords that represent that area of town into your website elements through Local SEO tactics including URL and page titles, content, metadata, meta description, etc. By integrating these specific “long-tail” keywords into your website, you are giving yourself a distinct advantage over your competition who is probably focusing on broader, simpler keyword targets. This SEO gets a narrower, more interested buyer. When a potential client begins to look at real estate in your target area of town, there is a greater chance that they will discover you. What’s even better is that your site will have information specifically about that area, so you will look like the “go-to” agent.
- Educate Your Clients – Let your clients learn about you and your services, this is a great place for the client to get to know you and confirm they made the right choice by selecting you to be their realtor.
In today’s society, it’s about becoming the only resource for your clients, creating your personal brand, and staying relevant to your area of expertise. Having your own real estate website is the best way to protect all of these areas and maximize your development and growth of your business.